Friday, October 7, 2011

Time to leave Cusco – 22 June

With Inti-Raymi around the corner and the amount of tourists growing every day, I had had enough. Andreo, a friend I met in Buenos Aires (I saw him in Santiago), told me about this oasis close to Ica called Huacachina (pronounced: Wa-ka-chi-na). I need a huge time-out so want to head there and chill for a couple of days. I heard that the sand boarding is supposed to be the best there.

Carolina was starting to stretch her holiday quite a bit and needed to get back to her shop. Unfortunately the busses to Arequipa are experiencing problems due to strikes in the main town along the way. She would have to take a bus via Ica to get there (double the distance). So instead she would come along to Ica and get the bus from there.

After buying our bus ticket I heard from Gary and Sallie (Team Fantastico). They had just arrived from Bolivia and we met up for drinks. They were going to hike Salkantay (like us) and then head north. It was great seeing them again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment