Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Return to the farm – 23 August

Why do we take a holiday? To take a break from “normal”…yes. To travel…possibly. To relax…most definitely! Since my mom wanted to rest too, we took a trip up to Conrad and Jackie’s farm for some R&R and quality time with the Theron’s. 4 days and Eugene & Jules were able to join us with their friend Sandra. Unfortunately the boys weren’t there.

We had a great time at the farm. Braai, some drinks and GREAT company! We took a trip to Mendocino for lunch and sightseeing. This turned out to be more of a shopping trip :) At least I had my book with me. I happened to meet this lady who used to be a lecturer at Berkley. It is clear that she has a keen interest in politics and various topics. Her car was almost totally covered in bumper stickers!


Leaving San Francisco. Golden Gate Bridge with the customary mist. – Downtown thought the mist


My mom in “the” apron :) – Some vandal took to writing on Conrad’s car. Look at his rebuttal (top right).


“Midget Mania” This was no joke. It apparently a real wrestling league. And here I though the USA was very PC. Isn’t “Midget” a derogatory term? – A misty day in Mendocino hence why sightseeing was replaced by shopping

  
Enough bumper stickers? I see some gaps. Its like a moth to a flame. How do you not start reading? I must’ve hovered around her car for 5min, until she arrived.


Farewell at the farm – Conrad & Jackie…like a teenaged couple ;)


Some nice classic bikes at the local bike shop. – How many bike can you fit on the back of an RV?

0 comments:

Post a Comment