Thursday, April 28, 2011

Heading north from the El’s (movement update)

The internet in El Chalten, where I am now, is really slow so can’t do a proper update (not that I have had time to write much). Just to keep you in the loop….
I arrived in El Chalten with Gary, Sallie, Orlagh and Alex from El Calafate. Unfortunately this is the end of the road for “Team Fantastico”, as Gary, Sallie and Orlagh are heading to El Bolson (close to Bariloche). Alex and I are heading for the Carratera Austral in Chile. It has been a great 2 weeks for us all. All good things come to and end :(

The Carratera Austral is supposed to be on of the most beautiful places along the route north, but not much traffic. So we will be engaging many locals (great!). I am hoping that we will not struggle with transport too much and get to Isla Chiloe in about 2weeks. Santiago will then be my next stop.

I’m guessing that internet connectivity will not be great as we travel along the Austral, so don’t be surprised to see little activity on the blog during this time.

Catch you on the flip side…

2 comments:

Susan Joubert said...

Wow Ruan Klink onwerklik jy het nie 'n banghaar op jou kop nie ! Ons voorvaders is mos kaalvoet oor die Drakensberge Kick ass boeta!! Ek in Ma kuier in Port Owen aan die Weskus! xx Susan joubert

rdehart said...

Hardegat eerder as nie bang nie. Kry dit seker van my ouers :)
Geniet die kuier.

Post a Comment