Monday, February 20, 2012

Smores on the beach…continued – 16 July

…I didn’t want to just pay my $200 fine. This was a principle case for me, and I was concerned that if I tried to leave Canada with an outstanding ticket that I might get into trouble. So I hopped on April’s bike (about an hour cycle) and went to the ticketing office to deal with this.

I tried to “choose” the friendlier looking of the two ladies sitting behind the counter. I didn’t succeed and was thinking this might not go well. Stating my dilemma, leaving the country in 2 weeks and wanting to contest the ticket, I asked what the contesting procedure is. Thinking that I could get a quick court date and talk to the judge, which honestly is a bit scary, but I thought I would have a good foot to stand on. The lady or rather official informed me that I would only get a court date next year some time. What could I do except laugh :) I have to say that she also found the reason for me getting a ticket strange (great, so it isn’t just me). So she asks me to wait and disappears for a while. Now I’m thinking “yes, something good might just happen.” She came back and found a technicality on the ticket which allowed her to cancel it. Whoop, whoop. Ruan is a free man again :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment